Akureyri Express Whales & Eyjafjord
A 2 Hour whale & bird watching tour starting from the floating pier in Akureyri.
Experience and get close to the incredible humpback whales of the Eyjafjord, starting from the capital of North Iceland, Akureyri. With only 12 passengers on each boat we can guarantee an adventure of a lifetime on an intimate whale watching tour.
Our specially made RIB boats allow you to get closer to the whales and wildlife than any other boat can offer. The RIBs are fast and small boats that will also get you quicker to the whales and cover a bigger area as we search for the wild life. This means a bigger chance of spotting whales, dolphins and bird life with out disturbing them in their natural habitat.
If you have a passion for nature and love for adventure, this is the tour for you!
NOTE: This tour is not suitable for pregnant women and those with a history of back injuries. Please consult your doctor prior to booking this tour. Passengers need to be 10 years old or at least 145 cm or taller to participate in this tour.
Meet us at the floating pier Oddeyrarbót 2, next to the cultural centre HOF in Akureyri at least 15 min. prior to departure.
*This tour is operated by our sister company Akureyri Whale Watching*
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 10 years|
What is included
- Excellent guidance
- Neoprene gloves
- Life vests and necessary safety equipment
Dress warmly for our northern ocean, so if you have it, bring warm outdoor clothing like a wool or fleece sweater, some warm headgear and gloves. Sturdy shoes are recommended.
- Only 12 person per boat with private guide and specially trained RIB boat captain.
- Visit and get closer to the majestic and playful humpbacks of Eyjafjörður.
- See and experience the longest fjord in Iceland, fenced in by glacier carved mountains just below the arctic circle.
- Starts from downtown Akureyri, right next to the Hof Cultural Centre.